Skip to content

Letters: STR opportunity awaits

Plants in an apartment


Interested in earning a few hundred extra bucks every night! How about renting out your home, or building a home, and using it as a short-term rental (STR), you know, like a motel? You can stay living in Vancouver, or heck, Alberta! All it will cost you is a small permit fee at the District of Sechelt. You can rent to multiple groups, or multiple families, at any time of year. The renters can arrive in separate cars and park anywhere they please. They can party and make noise all weekend. There is no local contact person or anyone, really, that will police their stay. Oh, and when your renters leave, tell then to pile all their garbage and empties outside. The neighbours in the residential area will pick up the mess if the bears don’t get to it first. Thanks for contributing to the local economy of the Sunshine Coast.

Bob Patrick, Sechelt