As December begins, festivals and holiday craft fairs are filling up calendars!
Here are some seasonal events you need to know about this weekend:
- Dec. 3: Elves Club volunteers are raising buckets of funds for struggling families throughout the Coast! First responders will be accepting donations at various locations. The telethon will start at 2 p.m. and is hosted by Eastlink.
- Dec. 3: Singalong Christmas Carols. The Gibsons & District Public Library invites you to raise your voice in song at their winter wonderland from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 3: Festival of Lights returns to Sechelt. The festivities kick off with a free make and take crafts for kids from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Trail Bay Centre. Once darkness falls, the lighting of Rockwood Lodge will take place at 5 p.m. The collection of floats parade down Cowrie Street at 5:45 p.m., while Amplify the Space is from 5 p.m. to late on Wharf Ave.
- Dec 3: Pender Harbour Christmas Market hosted by Pender Harbour Community School. There will be a White Elephant Table, a Silent Auction, a Bake Table and local creative vendors.
- Dec. 3 and 4: the 16th annual Arts & Crafts from the Hood Christmas Market returns to the Sechelt Seniors Centre from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The kitchen will be open with lunch provided by Eats West as 40 vendors are on site.
And a sneak peak at even more events later this month:
- Every Tuesday until Dec. 20: Fall, Winter and Spring Market at St Mary's Catholic Church Hall 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Dec 8 and 22: Sechelt Shophop. Enjoy the glowing downtown Sechelt holiday lights as you sip wine, enjoy music and shop local. From 4 to 7 p.m. See more at secheltdowntown.com.
- Dec. 9: Tween and Teen Homemade Holiday Gifts Workshop invites kids ages 10 through 17 to make gifts this season. The workshop will guide attendees on making a sugar scrub, hot chocolate pops and a photo ornament. Bring your own small photos printed out for the ornaments. All other supplies provided. Call or email the library to register.
- Dec. 9: The 2022 Arrowhead Clubhouse Art & Bake Sale invites all to browse and purchase original art and goodies made by clubhouse members from 12:30 through 3:30 p.m. at 5554 Inlet Avenue, Sechelt. Proceeds from each sale go directly to the artist and towards funding future art projects at the Clubhouse.
- Dec. 10: Pender Harbour Community Club Christmas Market runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 10 and 11: the 9th annual Last Chance Christmas Market takes over Roberts Creek Community Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with 30 vendors and an open kitchen for lunch.
- Dec. 10 and 17: the Davis Bay Xmas Pop-up Market pops up in St. Johns United Church from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. with handmade goods, eco-friendly crafts, hot soup and bannock and hot chocolate. Live music will play at 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. and resume at 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
- Dec. 17: The 2022 Halfmoon Bay Sail Pass will light up the water with decorated boats. If you would like to participate with your decorated boat, please email Lynn at email@example.com as soon aspossible.
- Dec. 17: Light Up the Town lights the tree at Millennium Park at 5 p.m. Santa’s Workshop, food trucks, vendors, photos with Santa, music, and a licenced area for Holiday Spirits invite all from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sponsors and vendors can contact Amanda Peterson lIghtmadeirapark@gmail.com.
- Dec. 18: Bright Nights at Rockwood Lodge invites all to take in the festive light displays, take photos with Santa and enjoy food, drinks, music and shopping. This event requires a $5 entry fee, and will be from 4 to 7 p.m.
Don't forget to check our community calendar for lots of wonderful local events or to submit your own!