Spring is just around the corner, which means International Women’s Day is on its way on March 8. This year would have been the Sunshine Coast Labour Council’s 17th annual IWD celebration at the Roberts Creek Hall, with potluck and entertainment by local talents and inspirational speakers. Instead, we will be focusing our campaign on different platforms this year.
• Publicity showcasing “unsung frontline heroine workers” on the Coast.
• 13 rose bouquets and thank-you cards to health-care workers’ sites.
• IWD book selections display at the public libraries and an educational article.
• CUPE 801 initiative – donation to Yew Transition House.
• Sharing nationwide online IWD celebration events on social media.
We would be grateful if you could join us by shining a spotlight on amazing female workers and mentors at your work site. Please use the hashtag #IWD 2021, #ChooseToChallenge and visit the Sunshine Coast Labour Council Facebook page to find more information about the IWD campaign.
We hope to celebrate IWD 2022 with you in person.
Thank you very much for your ongoing support.
Miyuki Shinkai, President,
Sunshine Coast Labour Council