Here are your kicks and kisses for the week of February 9!
- So many kisses to Dr Jessie and Orri for coming to our front yard on a rainy night to kneel in grass to give our dear Cooper the most warm and caring send off we could have hoped for.
- Boxes and bins of kisses to all of the volunteers who helped pack up and set up our residents as they moved from Shorncliffe and Totem to their shiny new home! Your help now and over the past few decades has made it all worthwhile.
- And to all the Shorncliffe and Totem staff who have persevered through floods, pandemics and never-ending change, our gratitude and respect are infinite. YOU ROCK!
- The Sunshine Coast Women’s Hockey League would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support by providing us with funds to purchase our new league jerseys. A ton of kisses to Marino’s Your Independent Grocer, First Response, Trail Bay Source for Sports and Strait Coffee. You made our league look awesome!
- Kisses to Dave Crosby from the Sunshine Coast Women’s Hockey League for his services as our head referee. You make everything so much easier on us as a league. Muchly appreciated!
- Much appreciation and kisses to Lisa for her elegance, her patience and her enthusiasm when teaching Mah Jongg to new beginners at the Gibsons Public Market! Great way to work the grey cells and meet new friends!
- Kisses and hugs to Jasmine, our little neighbour who wanted to – and did – make cupcakes for the old folks next door. Delicious and so much appreciated!
- Huge Kisses to Mike and Roksy at Run With Soup for all you do for the whole community, the homeless and seniors. Your hard work is very much appreciated and the meals on Tuesdays and Fridays are delicious and so healthy. Thank you and I hope your hard work and giving spirit is an inspiration to others to join you in your quest to make lives better! From a very appreciative senior.
- Kisses to the Bonniebrook resident who I saw picking up garbage along Ocean Beach Esplanade this weekend.
- Hillbilly kicks to the guy on Redrooffs Road who thinks speeding a side by side in the bike/walk lane, against traffic is okay…. or legal. Smarten up Bubbles.
Email your Kisses and Kicks to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is 1 p.m. every Tuesday for a given week.
Coast Reporter will run kisses and kicks entries as space permits on a first-received, first-published basis.
Submissions must be accompanied by a name and phone number for confirmation by the editor. Names will not be printed in the column unless requested by the writer, for kisses only.
A kick is intended to be an anonymous critique between private parties and may in no way publicly identify an individual, group or business directly or indirectly.
Submissions must be no longer than 30 words. If your thanks or critique is longer, consider an ad in our classified section. The editor reserves the right to edit or refuse to run any submission.