The Sechelt Hospital Foundation has revealed the details of the seven experience packages it will be live auctioning at its Art of Healing Event on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Sunshine Coast Golf and Country Club.
After the fixed-price art lottery in which 36 Art Collector ticket holders will select an inspired piece of local art, all attendees at this gala event will have the chance to bid on these extraordinary adventure packages.
Auctioneer Ed Hill, a familiar figure at numerous local charity events, paints a vivid picture of the lottery event: “Imagine the room adorned with the original artworks of 36 of the Sunshine Coast’s finest artists. As a lucky $500 ticket holder, you will go home with one of these beautiful paintings at the end of the night. Throughout the evening time will stand still as the 36 names will be drawn at intervals, one at a time. When your name is drawn, you’ll have only 90 seconds to choose your painting from any the 36 not yet chosen. If you’re lucky, your name will be the first drawn – but be prepared with your choices mapped out, because the choices will change with every number drawn!”
Hill is just as excited about the live auction to follow the art lottery. He says, “This auction has shaped up to be THE one to attend on the Coast this year! The sponsors’ donations are unusual, valuable and sure to be hotly contested. As one of the 100 people holding $50 tickets, you’ll get to watch the frantic action of the art draw and then the entire gathering can participate in the electric energy of an Ed Hill auction. Rather than an art auction, this quick and energetic sale will be for experiences.”
Here’s what’s on offer:
• A four-day, three-night trip for two to Haida Gwaii, including all transportation, accommodations, custom tours and all meals.
• A two-day insider tour of the art and design world of New York City with designer Jonalyn Siemens, includes accommodation for four.
• One week’s accommodation in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico in April, 2018.
• Accommodation at West Coast Wilderness Lodge and a boat or air tour of Princess Louisa Inlet.
• One night’s accommodation in Whistler, plus a year’s membership and a private curator’s tour at the Audain Art Museum.
• A day-long art lesson and vegetarian lunch for four with artists Marlene Lowden and Marleen Vermuelen in both of their studios, supplies included.
• A day-long art lesson for six people with artist Sandy Kay in her home studio, includes gourmet lunch, all supplies, plus wine and appies to finish.
Art Collector ($500) and Art Supporter ($50) ticket holders will enjoy an elegant evening (black tie optional) surrounded by beautiful art by Coast artists. Raffle tickets are still available at the Sechelt Hospital Foundation administrative office, at the Sechelt Hospital finance office, or from Foundation board directors.
Event tickets are available online only, at www.sechelthospitalfoundation.org/art-of-healing-exhibit-event. There were 36 Art Collector and 100 Art Supporter tickets on offer and they are going fast.
The Sechelt Hospital Foundation extends a heartfelt thank you to the sponsors of these wonderful live auction packages. Because of their generosity, we will be able to do more to support health care facilities, equipment and education on the Sunshine Coast where the best medicine (and art) is local!
– Submitted by Ruth Rodgers