Sunshine Coast RCMP reported the following for Aug. 1 to 8:
• On Aug. 2, police were conducting marine patrols near Gibsons Harbour and located a small boat with several passengers on board. Police discovered no personal flotation devices on board and a violation ticket was issued. Police escorted the boat and passengers back to safety and provided information to the occupants on marine safety.
• On Aug. 1 and 2, police made joint patrols with Conservation Services which resulted in over $1,000 in fines and multiple non-compliance warnings.
Assist the Public
• On August 1, police were making routine patrols at the Davis Bay Pier after a report of possible illegal fishing. Police observed a hole in the dock which is normally covered by a metal plate. Sechelt Works Yard was contacted. Police taped off the area. File was referred to Sechelt Works Yard.
• On Aug. 2, police attended a three-vehicle incident at the 2500 Block of Highway 101, Roberts Creek, after the first vehicle crossed the median and collided with the second oncoming vehicle and the third vehicle corrected to avoid the collision. One passenger of the first vehicle was taken to hospital. The file is still under investigation.
• On Aug. 4, police responded to an accident that occurred at the intersection of Wharf Avenue and East Porpoise Bay Road, Sechelt. Two vehicles collided after one vehicle ran a stop sign. No injuries were sustained as the collision occurred at low velocity. A violation ticket for failing to obey stop sign has been issued. The matter has been referred to ICBC.
• On Aug. 2, Sechelt Fire requested police assistance to attend the 5000 Block of Kwatamus Ave, Sechelt for a suspicious fire. Police attended and ruled it a non-suspicious fire which likely resulted from a cigarette.
• On Aug. 2, police responded to a report of multiple vehicles parked illegally at Secret Cove Road and Mercer Road, Halfmoon Bay. Three vehicles were observed illegally parked and issued warnings.
• On Aug. 3, police conducted a traffic stop at the 6000 Block of Sunshine Coast Highway, Sechelt and a driver given a roadside alcohol screening test. After a fail result, the driver was issued a 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle was impounded for 30 days. The matter has been referred to RoadSafetyBC.
• On Aug. 4, a suspect stole three antique vessels from the 1500 Block of Burton Rd, Gibsons. All vessels were later located by police in a ditch nearby and returned to the owner. No other thefts were reported.
• On April 4, police responded at the 5700 Block Wharf Avenue, Sechelt, after two men were seen looking into windows of parked vehicles with a flashlight. No theft or damage reported.
• On Aug. 7, a bicycle was located at the Cascade Green Park, Sechelt. Owner may claim within 90 days with detailed description. Please reference police file 2020-5365
• On Aug. 7, a set of keys was located on the walking trails at Cliff Gilker Park, Roberts Creek. Owner may claim within 90 days with detailed description. Please reference police file 2020-5366.
• On Aug. 3, a bicycle was located near the 900 Block of Feeney Road, Gibsons. Owner may claim within 90 days with detailed description. Please reference police file 2020-5235.
• On Aug. 4, a large amount of cash was brought to the police detachment after being located on the Mahan Trail, Gibsons. Owner may claim within 90 days with a detailed description. Please reference police file 2020-5275.
Const. Jihan McDougall, Sunshine Coast RCMP