Staff shortages at security checkpoints are causing screening delays at the Vancouver International Airport, and YVR is not sure when the situation is expected to improve.
There are currently 45,000 passengers going through the airport every day, and this number is expected to increase, YVR said in a press release.
To prepare for your trip, YVR has offered the following tips:
- Arrive early: domestic travellers should arrive at least two hours ahead of their flight, and U.S. and international travellers should arrive at least three hours ahead of their flight;
- Masks are required in the terminal and onboard flights;
- Take note of in-terminal signs: follow signs in the terminal for security screening, and ask YVR’s Guest Experience team and Green Coat volunteers if you have any questions;
- Be prepared for passenger screening: make sure you follow the carry-on requirements on the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) website;
- Know before you go: have your travel documents ready before you check in, and make sure you understand the entry requirements of your destination.