• Feb. 17. Judy Witheford of BC Insight Meditation will be teaching a day of meditation at Chaster House, 9am to 3pm. No experience required. Bring your own lunch and cup, tea provided. Pre-registration required: 604-886-2262.
• Feb. 17. Single and 55 Plus? Join the Brunch Bunch, 11am at Sunshine Coast Golf and Country Club in Roberts Creek.
• Country and Western Dance, 1pm at Davis Bay Hall every Sunday. Learn the Schottische, Canadian Barn Dance, Blue Rose, Alberta Two Step, Tennessee Walk and more with easy lessons, $10 per couple, proceeds going to charity. Info: 604-885-0142. No spurs please.
Quilters of all skill levels meet on the third Sunday of the month to share experience and work on projects together. New and returning members are always welcome.
• Feb. 17. Pender Harbour Music Society presents Westerly Acapella Group, with Tim Everett (tenor), Susan Everett (soprano), Doug Austin (bass) and Katrina Bishop (alto), who create their music using just the human voice, “tremendous musicality, honest approach and infectious fun,” 2pm at the School of Music, Madeira Park. Tickets at Harbour Insurance, John Henry’s Marina, Sechelt Visitor Info Centre, Gaia’s Fair Trade. Info www.penderharbourmusic.ca
The Sunshine Coast Community Orchestra presents: "Salute to Hollywood" under the baton of Edette Gagné. Get swept up in the magic of Hollywood, as the Coast Symphony Orchestra brings you musical moments from award-winning ﬁlms. Gowns and tuxedos welcome! Arrive early (1:30 pm) for the pre-concert chat. Tickets: $15 Adults, $5 under 12, at Laedeli, Gaia’s Fair Trade, Strait Music and Bluewaters Books. At Sechelt Indian Band Hall, 2pm.
• Feb. 17. SC Film Society presents Hapemus Papum, 7:30pm at the Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre, comedy/drama, the story of Melville, a cardinal who unexpectedly finds himself elected Pope, a likeable, understated farce with serious undertones. Info: http://scfs.ca