• Feb. 9. 10th Annual Bob Marley Birthday Bash at Roberts Creek Legion, 9pm. Live music with the Hoolicans and friends, followed by DJs Nils and Gregory. Members and guests welcome.
• Coast Guitar Group meets on the second Sunday of the month (no meetings June, July and August), 7 to 8:30pm at the Rockwood Centre in Sechelt. Info: 604-886-0031.
• Feb. 10. The Sunshine Coast Botanical Society presents Cooking with Kale, a demonstration with Sharon Hanna, author of The Book of Kale: The Easy-to-Grow Superfood, 80+ Recipes, 11am in the Sparling Pavillion, 5941 Mason Rd, West Sechelt, www.coastbotanicalgarden.org
• Country and Western Dance, 1pm at Davis Bay Hall every Sunday. Learn the Schottische, Canadian Barn Dance, Blue Rose, Alberta Two Step, Tennessee Walk and more with easy lessons, $10 per couple, proceeds going to charity. Info: 604-885-0142. No spurs please.
Win a Valentine's package including flowers, dinner and a one night stay at a local resort, or great runner-up prizes. Email your digital photograph of a KISS taken anywhere in downtown Sechelt to email@example.com. Include your name, partner's name, telephone number and email address. Full contest details and rules at www.secheltdowntown.com and on FaceBook.
• Feb. 10. SC Registered Music Teachers Association presents a Student Recital with a Valentine’s Theme, 2pm St. Bart’s Church, Gibsons. Prospective teachers and students are encouraged to attend, everyone is welcome, admission by donation.
• Sunshine Coast Peace Group holds a vigil in Davis Bay every Sunday, 11:30am to 1pm in an effort to bring our troops home.