• Dec. 15 & 16. Annual Fundraiser to Support the Elves Club at Yoga by the Sea: Wake Up Yoga, 10 to 11:30am, by donation, all monies from this weekend go directly to the Elves Club.
• Dec. 15 & 16. Carol Fest Program, noon to 5pm at the new Gibsons Public Art Gallery, 431 Marine Drive, featuring carollers, dancers and local musicians. Please bring a toy donation for the Elves Club. Info: www.gibsonspublicartgallery.ca
• Dec. 16. Christmas Baking Sale, 12:30 to 2pm (after Mass) at St. Mary’s Catholic Church Hall, Gibsons.
• Dec. 15 & 16. Christmas Through the Eyes of a Child, Saturday 7 to 9pm and Sunday 2 to 4pm at Sechelt Indian Band Hall. Musical stories for the child in all of us, presented by SunCoast Concert Band, SC Youth Orchestra and Coast Symphony Orchestra. Tickets at Laedeli, Strait Music, Bluewaters Books. Info: http://musicsuncoast.com
• Dec. 16. Fun and Festive Christmas Party at the Iris Griffith Centre, 4 to 8pm, hot apple cider, roast turkey, holiday crafts for kids, sing-a-long led by the local band Bits of String. Bring your family, a potluck item to share, and your holiday cheer!
• Dec. 16. St. John’s United Church invites you to Journey to Bethlehem, an interactive exploration of the story of Jesus’ birth. Doors open at 6:30pm, 5085 Davis Bay Road, www.stjohns-united.org
• Dec. 15 to 23. The Nutcracker Ballet at Gibsons Heritage Playhouse. Inaugural season of Coasting Along Theatre’s production, with guest artists from New York and Europe. See www.coastingalongtheatre.org for exact dates and times.
The Nutcracker Ballet, presented by Coasting Along Theatre Society
• Taizé: Candlelight Contemplative Service, 7pm at St. Hilda’s Anglican Church, with chant, inspirational reading and meditative silence (1st & 3rd Sunday). Info: 604-885-5019.
• Dec. 16. Young Artists Awards and Street Banner Reception, 1pm at Doris Crowston Gallery, Arts Centre, Sechelt.
Quilters of all skill levels meet on the third Sunday of the month to share experience and work on projects together. New and returning members are always welcome.