• Dec. 1. Prize-winning author Alison Pick will read, 8pm at Sunshine Coast Arts Centre, Trail & Medusa, Sechelt. Free admission, courtesy of the Canada Council for the Arts and the Sunshine Coast Arts Council.
• Dec. 1 & 2. Arts and Crafts from the ‘Hood Christmas Market at Seaside Centre in Sechelt, 10am to 4pm. 30+ vendors, live music, lunch and goodies available. Buy local and handmade from some of our finest local artisans and crafters. Free admission.
• Dec. 1. BC Coastal Ferries Consultation and Engagement Process at Cedars Inn in Gibsons. Meeting from 10am to noon, pre-register at email@example.com or call 1-855-387-7882 your name and meeting you wish to attend. Open House from 1 to 4pm, an opportunity to express your concerns over how our ferry service is being managed by the provincial government. See http://bccoastaltransportation.ca and www.coastalferriesengagement.ca for more.
• Dec. 1. Christmas Artisans’ Fair at Gibsons United Church, 724 Trueman Road, 10am to 2pm, refreshments available.
• Dec. 1. BC Schizophrenia Society Sunshine Coast Branch hosts a Merry Christmas Potluck Party, 1pm at 804 Cascade Crescent, Gibsons. Please come, bring some food to share, and celebrate the season with friends. All are welcome.
Haley GM, invites you to our free series of informative and exclusive one-on-one experiences with your
GM Master Service Technicians.
November 17 Session: Winter proofing your vehicle for the Sunshine Coast.
• Dec. 1. Edgy, rootsy, sprawling … musical coffeehouse at The Arts Building, with Brett Wildeman, Grant Olsen, Ian McLatchie, Gary McGuire, original songs and old classics. Doors at 7pm, music at 8pm. Info: www.artsbuilding.org
• Dec. 1. One Straw Workshops at the Rockwood Centre:
•Shortcrust Pastry from Scratch with Corey Smith, 9:30 to 11:30am - Students will assist in making mincemeat tarts and rustic Cornish pasty.
•Raising Backyard Chickens with Lisa Murata, noon to 2pm - Learn everything you need to get started with your own backyard flock: choosing your breeds, health, feeding, housing and predator protection.
•Festive Holiday Bread with Heather Till, 2:30 to 4:30pm: - A fun, easy and kid-friendly workshop, making fragrant bread full of raisins, dried fruit and spices in a variety of shapes including a beautiful braided loaf.
All classes require pre-registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and sing Handel's Messiah with Tom Kellough at the piano, Sara Douglas conducting and a host of Sunshine Coast Singers. By donation, proceeds to School District 46 Music Program Initiatives.
Celebrate the start of the Christmas Season. Dance or sing along to some Christmas favorites, golden oldies and classic rock tunes at the Sechelt Legion.