This is an outdoor, open air, fun and informative community event for dogs and the people who love them. There will be (p)aw-mazing dog activities: a doggy fashion show; costume contest; owner/dog ‘look-a-like’ contest; tons of games/contests; dog trainer/info demonstrations; all natural doggy cake (and a people cake); nail clipping; pet photographer; pet blessing; information tables from our local dog community businesses/services/rescues; on-site doggy first-aid attendant; kids face painting and much, much more. We’ll have tons of prizes, give-aways, treats and surprises too.
This (paw)-some community event is free for dog lovers and dogs (must be on leash).
This event will happen rain or shine (paws crossed of course for the latter).
• Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden Summer Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm, enter at Gate 4, admission by donation. Guided Garden Tours, Sundays 2pm sharp at Gate 4 (main gate), 5941 Mason Road, by donation. See the quaking aspen and learn about its clones, take your best guess at the strange shape of the mystery tree, and see how the native plant garden is coming along. Info: www.coastbotanicalgarden.org or 604-885-9363.
• August 12. Single and 55-Plus? Join the Brunch Bunch, 11am, for a picnic in the park at the foot of Flume Road, weather permitting. If it rains, meet at the Sunshine Coast Golf Club in Roberts Creek. Please bring your lunch and some snacks to share.
• August 12. Garden Bay Four Lakes 10k + 3k Family Fun Run/Walk, 9am start at Katherine Lake Park. Info: www.foolsrun.com/4lakes or 604-885-8849. Online registration open until 6pm Saturday. In-person registration on site race morning.
• August 10 to 12. Festival of the Rolling Arts in downtown Sechelt. A three-day gathering of more than 500 vintage vehicles. On Sunday, drag races at the airport and show & shine In Garden Bay, noon to 4pm. See www.coasterscarclub.ca/sleepy-hollow/
• August 11 & 12. Garlic Festival in Lions Park, Pender Harbour. Celebrate all things garlic - food, vendors, entertainment, fun for kids.
• Gibsons Landing Sunday Market, 10am to 3pm, Holland Park and Winegarden Park in Lower Gibsons, every Sunday, June to September. Locally grown, locally made. See www.facebook.com/gibsons.landing.sunday.market
• August 12. 75th Anniversary Golf Invitational and BBQ Dinner at Sunshine Coast Golf & Country Club, 1:30pm start. All skills levels welcome. Info: 604-741-7658.
• August 12. Art Experience at Linwood House, 1 to 5pm at Linwood House, 3144 Linwood Road in Roberts Creek. A Victorian Garden Party with more than 20 local artists and original art by friends from the Downtown Eastside, plus a silent auction, raffles, music and refreshments. A fundraiser for Linwood House Ministries, linwoodhouseministries.org
• August 12. Music in the Landing presents Miles Black and Karen Graves, 11:30am to 1:30pm in the Sundial Stage, next to Gibsons Sunday Market. Miles Black on keys with Karen Graves on sax, flute and vocals: not to be missed! See www.facebook.com/Music.Landing
• July 1. Roberts Creek Heart Market, noon to 4pm in “downtown” Roberts Creek, every Sunday until the fall. Vendors can contact Ian at Roberts Creek Health Food Store: 604-885-2580.
• August 12. Show and Shine in Garden Bay: Classic cars and bikes on display, plus music by Joe Stanton in Garden Bay Pub starting at 2pm. No charge.
• August 12. Special Sunday Opening of St. Mary’s Thrift Shop, Sechelt, 10am to 3pm, by St. Mary’s Hospital Auxiliary Health Care, Hopkins Branch.
• August 11 & 12. Fifth Annual Sunshine Coast BioBlitz at Iris Griffith Nature Centre, 15386 Sunshine Coast Hwy. Hosted by Ruby Lake Lagoon Nature Reserve Society. A two-day festival to learn, explore and celebrate local biodiversity, with activities for the whole family, 24-hour count of all life, great food, spectacular music. Volunteers and local experts are invited to contribute. Complete schedule at www.lagoonsociety.com
• August 11 & 12. Sunshine Coast Trail Challenge biking event, best point to point ride in BC: http://great-explorations.com