• July 8. Single and 55-plus? Join the Brunch Bunch, 11am at Leo’s Tapas and Grill in Gibsons.
• July 1. Pender Harbour Farmers and Artisans Market, 10am to 3pm at the Crossroads Grill (Highway 101 in Madiera Park), Sundays. Locally grown produce, artisans and baking.
• July 8. Introductory Hike around the Triangle Lake Loop Trail. Kye Goodwin will guide this nature interpretation walk. Meet at the south parking area at Trout Lake, 10am. The trail is well constructed and is considered a moderate hike. See www.sargbay.ca
• July 8. Kathaumixw Touring Choir, 7:30pm at St. Hilda's Anglican Church with Murwillumbah Philharmonic Chorus from Australia.
• July 8. Music in the Landing presents a double bill: Pat and Bill Forst at 11:30am, and Shelily (Denise Olson and Mira Sheppard) at 12:30pm, at the Sundial Stage next to Sunday Market.
• July 1. Roberts Creek Heart Market, noon to 4pm in “downtown” Roberts Creek, every Sunday until the fall. Vendors can contact Ian at Roberts Creek Health Food Store: 604-885-2580.
• July 8. Showcase of Performing Arts 2012 Sensation of Magic: An Evening of Wonders, 8pm at Gibsons Heritage Playhouse, the art of illusion with Vitaly Beckman, a fundraiser for Heritage Playhouse. Tickets at Gaia’s Fair Trade, Laedeli, Sechelt Visitor Centre. Info: www.heritageplayhouse.com
Learn how to extend your season and eat fresh veggies year-round. Join Linda Fogarty and Dawn Myers from Sunshine Seedlings on Sunday, July 8 at 1 p.m. at Quality Garden & Pet, 325 Pratt Road. Cost $10, pre-registration required. Space is limited, sign up early. 604-886-7527