• August 5. Biodiversity Work Party at Tyner Park, 1 to 4pm, follow trail at Francis Peninsula Road and Bargain Harbour Road. Family friendly, educational and fun, refreshments served. Bring your tools and dress for the weather. Info www.lagoonsociety.com, 604-883-9201
• Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden Summer Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm, enter at Gate 4, admission by donation. Guided Garden Tours, Sundays 2pm sharp at Gate 4 (main gate), 5941 Mason Road, by donation. See the quaking aspen and learn about its clones, take your best guess at the strange shape of the mystery tree, and see how the native plant garden is coming along. Info: www.coastbotanicalgarden.org or 604-885-9363.
• July 1. Pender Harbour Farmers and Artisans Market, 10am to 3pm at the Crossroads Grill (Highway 101 in Madiera Park), Sundays. Locally grown produce, artisans and baking.
• Gibsons Landing Sunday Market, 10am to 3pm, Holland Park and Winegarden Park in Lower Gibsons, every Sunday, June to September. Locally grown, locally made. See www.facebook.com/gibsons.landing.sunday.market
Rev. Emilie Smith, Anglican priest with 28 years of experience walking with the people of Guatemala, will share stories of how Canadian mining companies are wreaking havoc in Guatemala, how Maya indigenous communities are leading resistance, in defense of their territory and their Cosmology of a Living Earth.
• August 5. Music in the Landing presents The Knotty Dotters, 11:30am to 1:30pm in the Bus Shelter across from Sunday Market in Gibsons. Joyous marimba songs from Zimbabwe from Sunshine Coast musicians Loreen Dawson, Katherine Muller, Catherine Pedretti, Jeanne Robinson, Beth Gleason, Sharon Johnson and Linda Williams. See www.facebook.com/Music.Landing
• July 1. Roberts Creek Heart Market, noon to 4pm in “downtown” Roberts Creek, every Sunday until the fall. Vendors can contact Ian at Roberts Creek Health Food Store: 604-885-2580.
• SC Lions Club Tailgate Sales, 8am to 1pm, first and third Sundays of the month at Trail Bay Centre parking lot, weather permitting. Info: 604-885-3822.
• Taizé: Candlelight Contemplative Service, 7pm at St. Hilda’s Anglican Church, with chant, inspirational reading and meditative silence (1st & 3rd Sunday). Info: 604-885-5019.