Due to an update in provincial policy, the Sunshine Coast RCMP is changing the process to complete a Police Information Check, formerly called a Criminal Record Check).
Key changes to this process are:
• Disclosure of details regarding adverse involvement with police and criminal record information.
• The ability to self-declare criminal record information.
• A change in disclosure rules for youth records.
• A change in disclosure rules for non-conviction information contained in the National Repository
• The fee for processing is unchanged and the processing time should remain the same.
Any organization that requires its employees or volunteers to obtain a Police Information Check are advised that the previous forms will no longer be accepted. The new application form is available at the Sunshine Coast detachment or the Gibsons and Pender Harbour Community Policing Office.
For more information, contact Sunshine Coast RCMP at 604-885-2266.
© Coast Reporter