A West Vancouver man died Dec. 30 from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning aboard a boat moored at Duke's Marina in Secret Cove.
Rodrick Boggs, 58, and his partner were aboard a boat, situated in a small boathouse at the marina, with the engine running when they were apparently overcome by exhaust fumes, BC Coroners Service spokesman Robert Fisher said in a news release.
"The owner of the boatyard discovered Mr. Boggs and his partner unresponsive aboard the boat and alerted emergency personnel," Fisher said in the release.
Sunshine Coast RCMP, ambulance and the Halfmoon Bay Fire Department responded to the call at about 2:30 p.m.
"Mr. Boggs was confirmed deceased at the scene and his partner was transported to Vancouver General Hospital for treatment," Fisher said.
Fisher could not provide an update Wednesday (Jan. 2) on the condition of the survivor, saying his office dealt only with fatalities.
The coroners office continues to investigate the death, Fisher said.
© Copyright 2015 Coast Reporter