MONCTON, N.B. - A bail hearing for a man charged in Moncton, N.B., with uttering a threat to cause death to peace officers has been rescheduled to Wednesday.
Jasper John Stam, 24, recently underwent a five-day psychiatric assessment to determine his ability to stand trial.
His lawyer, Jean Cormier, said outside provincial court Monday that the assessment found Stam is fit to stand trial.
Stam was charged June 9 with uttering a threat in Moncton between May 10 and 18.
Judge Anne Dugas-Horsman has ordered that Stam have no contact with the accused in the shooting deaths of three RCMP officers in Moncton.
RCMP have said the charge against Stam is not connected to their investigation of the fatal shootings on June 4 of constables Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, Douglas James Larche and Dave Joseph Ross.
Justin Bourque, 24, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of the three police officers.
Bourque is also charged with two counts of attempted murder after two other officers were injured in the shootings earlier this month in Moncton.
© Copyright 2015 Coast Reporter