Friday April 18, 2014


question of the week

Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.





Home »  News »  National News

Workers exposed to carbon monoxide at N.B. assembly plant: company

MIRAMICHI, N.B. - Health and workplace safety officials are investigating a possible case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a fabrication plant in eastern New Brunswick.

About three dozen employees at Sunny Corner Enterprises Inc. in Miramichi were taken to hospital Wednesday after some reported headaches and feeling nauseous.

A company official say all of the employees were later released and have fully recovered.

Terry Nowlan says he suspects a propane heater running low on fuel could have spewed the colourless, odourless fumes into the plant.

Fidel Cormier of WorkSafeNB says officials with the Crown corporation had been dispatched to the site.

(CJMO)


Comments


NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Coast Reporter welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus


About Us | Advertising | Contact Us | Sitemap / RSS   Glacier Community Media: www.glaciermedia.ca    © Copyright 2014 Glacier Community Media | User Agreement & Privacy Policy
Business in Vancouver Whistler Question Squamish Chief Powell River Peak Real Estate Weekly My Local Flyers

LOG IN



Lost your password?