Sunshine Coast RCMP reported the following for Jan. 22 to 29:
• Between Jan. 18 and 21, a thief gained entry into a business in the 1800 block of Cosyan Place in Sechelt. The point of entry was determined to be an unlocked rear door. The suspect(s) stole a variety of tools, including a router, as well as computer equipment. Anyone with any information about this theft is asked to contact RCMP at 604-885-2266 and reference file 13-382.
• Between Jan. 19 and 21, thieves cut through a fence at a business in the 5600 block of Wharf Road in Sechelt and stole a large number of used tires. Police are reviewing surveillance camera footage. Anyone with information about this theft is asked to contact RCMP, reference file 13-384.
• Sometime between Jan. 7 and 21, a thief stashed a laptop computer and a tablet computer in a building in the 7400 block of Tapp Road in Halfmoon Bay. The owner may claim with detailed description, by contacting RCMP and reference RCMP file 13-439.
• On Jan. 25, a hit-and-run collision occurred at Inlet Avenue and Dolphin Street in Sechelt after a vehicle was side-swiped by a truck, causing damage to the driver's side of the first vehicle. The driver of the truck fled the scene, but was located later by police. As several witnesses corroborated the vehicle driver's account of things, police issued the truck driver several violation tickets, including drive without consideration and fail to remain at scene of accident.
• On Jan. 26, a hit-and-run was reported up at the Dakota Ridge parking lot after a witness noticed a red pick-up truck with significant front-end damage leaving the area at a high speed. The witness noted that someone had made large "doughnut" patterns in the gravel parking lot, particularly near a loading machine, and evidence that the red truck had struck the loader by its bumper. Unfortunately, no licence plate of the red truck was obtained. Anyone with any information about this mischief and incident is asked to contact RCMP, reference file 13-497.
• Overnight on Jan. 28, a thief broke into a business in the 13800 block of Highway 101. The suspect(s) gained entry through locked rear door and stole a large amount of alcohol and a mini-promotional golf bag.
• A seasonal property owner reported the theft of a boat from near Lafarge Pit near Egmont sometime in the last few months. The boat is a 14-foot long red Lund, 60th anniversary edition. The boat had been stored next to a residence and did not have a motor attached.
• On Jan. 28, police attended to a reported break and enter at a residence in the 5000 block of Johnstone Road in Pender Harbour. The suspect, who was found sleeping inside the residence, gained entry by breaking a lower level window. The suspect, who was arrested without incident, had not stolen anything and appears to be homeless. The file is still under investigation.