Sunshine Coast RCMP reported the following for June 26 to July 3:
• Between June 24 and 26, a thief stole a BMX bike from outside a residence in the 1000 block of Venture Way in Gibsons. The thief cut through a wire lock to steal the bike, which is a Harro F3 Function, silver and chrome with black forks and handles.
• On June 28, police attended a single-vehicle accident on Highway 101 near Bryan Road after a report of a vehicle in the ditch. Officers found the still-warm vehicle unoccupied and the tow truck driver who arrived on scene shortly after advised that the owner had called to have his vehicle removed. Police are still attempting to locate the owner.
• On June 28, a vandal keyed a vehicle parked in the lane behind a business in the 5500 block of Wharf Road in Sechelt. No other damage was reported and no theft occurred.
• Late on June 28, a witness reported a small white pick-up truck with a 20-something male in the back bed, doing donuts in the parking lot of a school in the 1100 block of Chaster Road. The truck left before the witness could obtain a license plate. Patrols for the suspect vehicle were negative.
• On June 28, an on-duty officer conducted a traffic stop with a vehicle that had a broken tail light. The officer noted that the young driver smelled of marijuana. The driver admitted to smoking marijuana prior to driving and possessing a small amount of drugs on his person. The driver was issued a violation ticket for failing to display an "N" on his vehicle, a 24-hour roadside driving prohibition and his driver's license was seized.